Start A Business Smoothly
Know the Simple Steps for Starting
Your Business Right.
Owning your own business is right up there with apple pie and baseball as an American pastime. In order to assure that your business succeeds beyond the initial desire and thrill of fulfilling a dream, you must take the time to develop a comprehensive plan and gain the advantage of having all pertinent information in place before you begin your venture.
We can help you avoid becoming another failed business statistic.
With our help, you will identify and avoid the common mistakes many new business owners make. We will help you build a business plan for success, as well as provide financial management services to meet your needs.
Steps to starting your business right…
- Prepare a business plan and determine your initial capital needs.
- Identify your current resources, as well as sources of start-up capital and your borrowing capacity.
- Review potential business structures in terms of tax advantages and portability in case you need to relocate.
- Plan for financial management of your business by selecting accounting software that fits your projected budget and gaining the hardware necessary to run it.
- Understand the key components of a Cash Flow Projection and develop one to cover each month of your business for the first year, at least.
- Learn about the best billing and collection procedures to maximize your cash flow.
- Research and gain an understanding of employment laws so that you are prepared to comply from the start.
- Consider a home office for maximizing tax deductions.
- Prepare and file for all local and state licenses and permits.
- Gain a Federal Employer Identification Number and set up payroll services and payroll tax filing systems with your first employee.
- Identify any business insurance needs.
- Develop a Partnership Agreement. By putting the terms of all business partnerships into writing, you will save a lot of future pain and headache, as well as the potential detriment of your business.
Don’t let this list overwhelm your desire to start a business. Our services were created with small business owners like you in mind.
Call us today to start your business the right way!
Ready to come in for an appointment?
Our schedule is very full…but if you call us at (801) 278-2700 or email us we’ll give you two options for coming in right away! We will NOT make dealing with a tax professional as painful as it’s been in the past!
What our Clients are saying
We have been with Utah Real Estate Accountants less than 90 days. I love my friend who recommended them so highly!
Our prior accountant was slowly slipping into dementia (bless his heart). We were desperate for help and Janet took hold of the problem and has the accounting and tax corrections for 2015 and 2016 well in hand. We are current for 2017 and she is helping me put together a budget, teaching me how to use the software. She is wonderfully patient. Before Janet came along we were spiraling in a chaotic mess. She reminds me that it is all coming together, “One step at a time”. I need an accountant who is well organized and reliable. Utah Real Estate Accountants rings the bell!
Cambria Nelson, Quail Hollow of Holladay (Multi-Family)
On several occasions, as I am setting up my business in Fairview, Utah, I have had occasion to call Utah Real Estate Accountants.Of course, they invited me to come in for a FREE consultation, but I am more than two hours from West Jordan. Both times I was able to get my questions answered over the phone. One of the questions was complicated. I was apprised of the risks. I respect that they left it up to me to choose the best path of action for my circumstances and tolerance for risk. I recommend Utah Real Estate Accountants for any business that serves the real estate industry.
Dave Olsen, Locksmith